Our mission is to create a genuinely useful website that promotes Ashbourne as a fantastic place to visit, live, work and do business. We want the website....
• To showcase Ashbourne’s attractions as a tourist destination and as a place to live.
• To provide a comprehensive town business directory and so make it easier for everyone to “shop local” and support the business community.
• To have an events page that lists everything and so becomes the go-to place for finding out what’s on, in and around Ashbourne.
• To provide a central platform for community groups to showcase what they do in Ashbourne and for Ashbourne.
• To provide a library of local walks, local bike rides, local history and all things local …..
And much, much more…
This is Ashbourne’s website for everyone who cherishes Ashbourne. It is brand new, built from scratch still a long work-in-progress. If you do spot any mistakes, please do contact us.
We want website users to check their own directory listings, tell us about their events and blog about what their group is doing. Please contact us.
We need enthusiastic & knowledgeable volunteers to get directly involved to help behind the scenes. At the moment we need:
* events researchers to answer events emails and keep the what's on page up to date.
* directory champions, to adopt locations and watch out for changes, so we can keep the directory up to date.
* an images manager, to ensure we have a vibrant library of images in the right size and format.
* copywriters, to keep our text fresh and easy to read
If you want to help, please contact us.
DONATions and memberships
Volunteers do a huge amount of work for this website, but we have a lot of unavoidable fixed costs to maintain it and we need to generate a substantial income just to keep it online. We also need money to fund improvements. You can help by becoming a member or simply by donating. Every contribution helps!join us
WHO’S BEHIND THE SITE
The Discover Ashbourne website is the creation of Ashbourne Town Team - a group of local residents and business owners who are passionate about Ashbourne. The town’s old website was no longer being maintained and proved impossible to update, so we have built this fantastic new one with a fresh and sophisticated new Ashbourne branding.
We want to say an enormous thank you to every one of our team members who have contributed:
Wood & Co Design Agency
Website/Graphic Design & Brand Strategy & Social Media
(Location: Top floor of Avanti, Ashbourne)
Like what you see? Get in touch with us…
A big thanks to Joe Matkin who did the initial build, mostly in his spare time and taught Sue everything she knows.
And thanks also to Sue, who has taken over the development from Joe.
Clive Booth - Atmospheric gallery photography
07525 816 1169
George Wood - Assistant photography.
(Note there is lots of amateur photography as well)
Content & directory data
Sue - For pounding the streets to build this immense directory and keeping what's on up to date.
Mary - For copywriting and content development
Geof - For walks and local history
And finally, Sally Montegue Spa & Salon, Optimum and Avanti for providing meeting spaces and marketing brainpower.