Our vision is to create a genuinely useful online resource that promotes Ashbourne as a fantastic place to visit, live, work and invest. We want the website....
• To showcase Ashbourne’s attractions as a tourist destination and as a place to live.
• To provide a comprehensive town business directory and so make it easier for everyone to “shop local” and support the business community.
• To have an events page that lists everything and so becomes the go-to place for finding out what’s on, in and around Ashbourne.
• To provide a central platform for community groups and local government to showcase what they do in Ashbourne and for Ashbourne.
• To provide a library of local walks, local bike rides, local history and all things local …..
And much, much more…
This is Ashbourne’s website for everyone who cherishes Ashbourne. Its brand new, built from scratch and a long way from finished. If you do spot anything incorrect or missing, please do contact us.
We want website users to manage their own directory listings (almost working), post their own events in the calendar (coming in 2022) and blog about what their group is doing (coming in 2022). Not all of this is working yet but is in the pipeline.
We need enthusiastic & knowledgeable volunteers to get directly involved to help behind the scenes. At the moment we need:
* events researchers to answer events emails and keep the events calendar up to date.
* directory champions, to adopt locations and watch out for changes, so we can keep the directory up to date.
* an images manager, to ensure we have a vibrant library of images in the right size and format.
* copywriters, to keep our text fresh and easy to read
If you want to help, please contact us.
DONATions and memberships
Volunteers do a huge amount of work for this website, but we have a lot of unavoidable fixed costs to maintain it and we need to generate a substantial income just to keep it online. We also need money to fund improvements. You can help by becoming a member or simply by donating. Every contribution helps!join us
WHO’S BEHIND THE SITE
The Discover Ashbourne website is the creation of Ashbourne Town Team - a group of local residents and business owners who are passionate about Ashbourne. The town’s old website was no longer being maintained and proved impossible to update, so we set out to build a new one with a fresh and sophisticated new Ashbourne branding.
We want to say an enormous thank you to every one of our fantastic team members who have contributed to the success of this platform for Ashbourne:
by Wood & Co Design Agency (Location: Top floor of Avanti, Ashbourne)
Like what you see? Get in touch with us…
Hannah Wood - Website/Graphic Design & Brand Strategy
Joe Matkin - Website Build + Development + SEO
Clive Booth - Atmospheric gallery photography
07525 816 1169
George Wood - Assistant photography.
(Note there is lots of amateur photography as well)
Content & directory data
Sue - For pounding the streets to build this immense directory.
Mary - For copywriting and content development
Geof - For walks and local history
And finally, Sally Montegue Spa & Salon, Optimum and Avanti for providing meeting spaces and marketing brainpower.