The Discover Ashbourne website is the creation of Ashbourne Town Team. We are a group of local residents and business owners who are passionate about Ashbourne.
The town’s old website was unloved and out of date, so we set out to build a new one based on a fresh new Ashbourne branding.
• To promote Ashbourne as a dynamic place to live, work & do business.
• To highlight Ashbourne’s attractions as a tourist destination.
• To list every business and organisation in Ashbourne in our directory, to make it easy for you to support the local community.
• To create a convenient resource (hub) for locals and visitors to use; boosting local profitability and spending.
• To list every upcoming event in our local area, and become the go-to place for finding out what’s on.
• To provide a central platform for community groups to showcase what they do.
And much, much more…
This is Ashbourne’s website for everyone who cherishes Ashbourne. We would love to hear your ideas on how we can improve it. We are by no means perfect, so if you do spot anything incorrect or missing, please do get in touch.
We want you to manage your own directory listing, post your events in the calendar and blog about what your group is doing [Not all of this is working yet but is in the pipeline].
We need enthusiastic & knowledgeable volunteers to get directly involved to help behind the scenes. At the moment we need:
* an events secretary to answer events emails and keep the events calendar up to date
* several directory champions, to adopt locations and watch out for changes, so we can keep the directory up to date.
If you want to help, please contact us.
Volunteers do a lot of work for this website, but we have a lot of unavoidable fixed costs to maintain it and we need to generate a substantial income to keep it online. We also need money to fund more improvements to the town centre and to continue our marketing campaigns. You can help by opening a member's account to run your own directory listing or simply by donating. If we make any profits after covering our costs, these will be spent on marketing to elevate Ashbourne. Every contribution helps!DONATE
WHO’S BEHIND THE SITE
We want to say an enormous thank you to every one of our fantastic team members who has contributed to the success of this platform for Ashbourne:
by Wood & Co Design Agency (Location: Top floor of Avanti, Ashbourne)
Like what you see? Get in touch with us…
Hannah Wood - Website/Graphic Design & Brand Strategy
Joe Matkin - Website Build + Development + SEO
Clive Booth - Atmospheric gallery photography as seen all over the website 075258161169
George Wood - Assistant photography. As seen all over the directory, especially the community listings.
CONTENT & directory data
Sue - For pounding the streets to build this immense directory.
Mary - For copywriting and content development
Geof - For walks and local history
And finally, Sally Montegue Spa & Salon, Optimum and Avanti for providing meeting spaces and marketing brainpower.